• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes all interface when cutting and pasting from one image to another

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop for windows. 

I was copy-pasting a snippet of an image from one picture to another, and when it completed the paste, all interface froze. It's just photoshop; my windows desktop is fully responsive. I was able to unfreeze it when I had windows load another image in photoshop, and that seemed to snap photoshop out of it. 

I'm on the latest photoshop update, according to CC. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The application didn't crash though. The controls don't respond, but it's not in a crashed state (when windows apps crash or get completely hung, the borders go white and windows goes into a shaded mode where it tries to wait for a response from the app). In this case, the app still thinks it's running, but it's like it has an entire layer over it that wont' let me work with it - until I have windows load another image, at which point, operations go back to normal (the additional image I load also pops up in another tab, as expected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines