• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes and whole system restarts

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having simialar problem, the difference is my computer freezes the crashes.. No crash report from adobe. This is the error report.problem report.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kelly Raisor

Sorry bout the freeze and crash with Photoshop running. 

Can you let us know which version of Photoshop you're using, and which macOS you're using?

Often if the whole system restarts, this may mean there could be some underlying hardware issues that Photoshop is finding. Perhaps if there's a macOS update available that could be worth the update to see if it provides a new graphics driver which may help with the issue here. 

Perhaps disabling the GPU in Photoshop would be a useful step as well.

• Go to Photoshop's Preferences > Performance and uncheck Use Graphics Processor and restart Photoshop.
    For help accessing preferences, see Adjust preferences in Photoshop.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things I've tried to stop the crashing- uninstalling and reinstalling the lasted version ps, trying all the earler versions of ps that were available to install. Turned off the gpu. macos.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anymore thoughts on fixing the problem or what's causing the problem? is it time to cancel my photoshop subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

feel free to list possible solutions, if i see one i haven't tried i will try it. also buying a new computer is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kelly RaisorIt may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cory,

I changed my service to the Lightroom plan so I don't I have Photoshop anymore.

Thanks, Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines