• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezes cursor for 1 second, everytime 30 seconds while I move around

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a problem that has been a headache for months, I have looked at many forums and still can't find a solution.

It turns out that my cursor freezes every time I move arround the document with the hand tool, zoom or perform any action like saving, changing windows, etc. The cursor freezes for about a second and this can happen every 20 or 30 seconds, even less.

The first thing I did was deactivate the process with the GPU to see if the problem was in it, and apparently it is, because deactivating it does not happen, but it makes it impossible for me to work without the graphics card process. 

I have configured the nvidia control panel to exhaustion, installed and uninstalled drivers, even formatting my computer. I really don't know what else to do, I've used old versions, new ones.

It should be noted that it only happens with Photoshop, no other program presents me this problem. I have changed Photoshop preferences and thus dozens of possible solutions that I have found browsing forums, watching videos, etc.

Does anyone know how I could fix this problem? Any advice? I would really appreciate it 😄

These are my aspects

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WI-FI

64 GB of RAM (two of 32)

Windows 11 (I upgraded it thinking this could solve the problem)

I use two Lenovo ThinkVision S28u-10 monitor (4K / 60hz / No G-sync supported)

I leave these characteristics in case the problem lies in the capture of frames, which I have already investigated a bit, change configurations and it still does not fix

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably, you have tried resetting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults?

And again you presumably have plenty of spare hard disk capacity?
If you have the correct system specs and trashing the preferences hasn't helped, I suggest you use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to remove Photoshop and reinstall it again.
https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek!!

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem, I tried uninstalling with the tool and trying different versions of Photoshop, but the problem still occurs in all of them 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:
Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop. 
Still crashing? 
Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Still crashing? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No lucky 😞 still the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted a video where the problem is shown, the cursor freezes for a second while I zoom, move around the document and perform other actions, it becomes unbearable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines