• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop freezing 100% of the computer when passing any brush/eraser

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! How are you? I use photoshop on this pc for 3 years, but in these last two weeks, when I try to brush or erase in photoshop, it totally crashes, along with the entire operating system. I couldn't find the error, because I use other adobe programs like after effects, premiere and etc every day and I'm just having this problem with Photoshop. I've already looked at the video card drivers (I have a gtx 1050 ti). can anybody help me?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cannot crash the OS, so some other component has to be at fault. 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to @c.pfaffenbichler post. Do you have installed the latest version of you graphic driver?

Do you have install the "Game Ready"- or the "Studio"- driver? 

Please try the Studio Driver 516.59 from 29/6/2022. 

I already use this version with a GTX 1050TI without any problems.

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps described here:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Please backup your settings before resetting the preferences. You can check:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Another try is to deactivating the "Native Canvas". Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys! I gonna test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey guys, how are you, So, I'm using the 516.59 game ready driver. Do you think if I switch to 516.59 studio the problem will stop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines