• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop frequently goes unresponsive after Ctrl-Z or selection of tools in menu panel

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue with my client where I will try to undo a brushstroke with ctrl-z or ctrl-alt-Z, and Photoshop will hang until I alt-tab out of the client. I can then go back to photoshop and continue painting, but as soon as I attempt to undo or select certain tools on the menu panel it will begin to hang again and i'll have to alt-tab.

I have attempted updating my graphics processor drivers, updating Photoshop, updating my wacom tablet drivers... Nothing has worked. This issue has been occurring for a very long time. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Hi Justin,

Could you please share more information such as: -

Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Which operating system do you have?

Is Photoshop crashing? Does it give any sort of error?

You can try resetting the preferences of Photoshop: -

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you startPhotoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferencesfiles are created the next time

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justin,

Could you please share more information such as: -

Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Which operating system do you have?

Is Photoshop crashing? Does it give any sort of error?

You can try resetting the preferences of Photoshop: -

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you startPhotoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferencesfiles are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop CC 2015.5.1.

I have Windows 10 OS.

Photoshop is not crashing or giving any error, it just doesn't respond when I try to interact with it after I perform certain actions like undo or selecting a tool from the menu. Once I alt-tab out of the client and go back into it, Photoshop will allow me to interact with it.

I will try resetting preferences now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just randomly started having this problem.... 5 years after this post. It's been working fine, then BAM, it doesn't respond until I alt tab out and back in. Cannot find any solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines