• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop generative script having 8800 error.

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I've been using this random layer generative script in photoshop for month and recently this error started to occur after updating mac os. Is there a way to fix this error and keep use to generate with this script?

Thank you for reading.

This is the error code I have captured this week.

---

8800 error, saying this version of photoshop can't use this fuction

-scratch disk is full and can't use revert command

->  function Revert(){var idRvrt=charIDToTypeID("Rvrt");executeAction(idRvrt,undefined,DialogModes.NO);}

/////

And below is the link and full script text image I copied from the source and the script.

----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTVtz1MReXk

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

function Visible(){var Grps=app.activeDocument.layerSets;for(var i=0;i<Grps.length;i++){var tmp=app.activeDocument.layerSets[i].layers.length;app.activeDocument.layerSets[i].visible=true;var groupChildArr=app.activeDocument.layerSets[i].layers;var randLays=Math.floor(Math.random()*tmp);groupChildArr[randLays].visible=true;Save();}
Revert();}
function Save(){var outFolder=app.activeDocument;var outPath=outFolder.path;var fName="PNG";var f=new Folder(outPath+"/"+fName);if(!f.exists){f.create()}
var saveFile=new File(outPath+"/"+fName+"/"+"HEAD_"+num+".png");pngSaveOptions=new PNGSaveOptions();pngSaveOptions.interlaced=false;app.activeDocument.saveAs(saveFile,pngSaveOptions,true,Extension.LOWERCASE);}
function Revert(){var idRvrt=charIDToTypeID("Rvrt");executeAction(idRvrt,undefined,DialogModes.NO);}
var count=prompt("How many versions you want","");for(var x=0;x<count;x++){var num=x+1;Visible();}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are getting an error that scratch disk is full? Have you fixed that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found out when using the script, it's using the scratch disk more than 100GB

i have 120GB left space and the error occurs when only 9GB scratch disk is left

maybe this is normal and i need more space, or some bug is happening to use more disk space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd say with doing those revert operations and álot of layers, yes you might run out of scratch disk space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines