Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: GPU not compatible

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am guessing Ps will not work on my desktop for the record I am running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 every time I try to open PS I get this message. Camera raw opens instead. I am new to this Ps Lrc and the rest so I would appreciate some help many thanks in advance.

David

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 09.18.07.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still run PS but not as fast as if your GPU was supported.

See:

Photoshop and GPU:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

ACR and GPU:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solution can be to upgrade Graphic Card if you can, otherwise you can not solve the problem. Maybe its time to upgrade system? I have tested many commands and options in Photoshop to see which requires lot of GPU. Newer filters like Oil Paint, Neural Filters are heavy consumers and it is impossible to use them without good enough GPU. In general look for Graphic Card with score 2000 or more from this list when upgrading, that is Adobe's recommendation PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - GPU Compute Video Cards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines