• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Graphics Card causing Crashes

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop doesn't seem to like my graphics card even though it IS compatible. It regularly freezes (especially while using the hand tool) and all I can do is save and quit, all tools lock up. All software and drivers are up to date and performance settings are fine. The only way to stop the crashes is to disable "Use Graphics Card" but I use those features (like the Rotate tool) so that's no solution.
I've read online that Photoshop doesn't like multiple graphics cards (the CPU has onboard graphics as well) but it's not being told to use anything but the GPU in Windows graphics settings, so I'm at a loss. Any thoughts?
Spec:
System: HP Omen 15 laptop (2020)
Software: Photoshop 23.2
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics
Graphics: GTX 1660 Ti (happens with both Game and Studio drivers)
Memory: 32GB RAM
Storage: 500GB & 1TB M.2 nVme SSD's
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it has dual GPUs you need to disable one of them (regardless of where it says it will be used).

See section 7 and 8 here:https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your not alone. https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/bug-photoshop-not-responding/m-p/1274... Try setting the Cache levels to 8 in the photoshop performance preferances, mines been better since doing that with all latest updates from Nvidia, windows and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ignore the Cache thing, problem came back. Got a week or so out of working better though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines