• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Graphics problem for Radeon Pro 580x 8 Gb graphics card 2019 27" iMac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Radeon Pro 580x 8 Gb graphics card in a 2019 27" iMac, running the latest OSX.  I tried to enhance a photo in the latest version of Photoshop 23.41. And to my surprise, a pop-up appears telling me I don't have the right graphics card, the GPU doesn't have Metal.

Strange since I do have Metal! Even Photoshop under the help function tells me my GPU has Metal!

Something must have changed over the last weeks. I have used the Enhance function many times. No issue.

Strangely enough, Lightroom with the same photo has no problem at all. 

So the problem is not the RAW convertor but Photoshop?

Can someone from Adobe please respond and make clear what is happening?

best,

Gerlo

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

I found the answer. Check and delete the TempDisableGPU3 or TempDisableGPU2 files

Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html 

Go to number 6 and follow the instructions.

Solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. This is a user to user forum, and it's occasional that any Adobe employees will attend these posts. 
Has this been happening since you updated PS, or did it start some time afterward? Your GPU is plenty for Photoshop.

If this happened since the date of update, I recommend using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and then reinstalling an older version of PS, while reporting this to the Bug Reports section of this forum (tabs on the top of the forum). Also, simply a clean installation with the Cleaner tool will often remedy the situation.

I'd be curious to know if this occurs when you turn off GPU in Photoshop>Preferences>Performance- or when you try altering any of the Advanced GPU settings.
2022-06-22_17-21-55.png

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thank you for responding to my question.

When I change anything in advanced graphics settings nothing changes. Even after restarting PH. 

I have a different window regarding to yours. Does that matter?

I will wait for the next update. Otherwise, I will try to reinstall the program. 

Gerlo

Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 12.16.35.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed the GPU Compositing option in version 23.4.1, so I would assume S_Gans screenshot is from an older version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Photoshop reinstalled. Still a problem with the RAW convertor.

Photoshop knows my GPU, the RAW convertor not. See the screenshot below. I can't choose the graphics processor, it is greyed out.

Any idea what is going on?

best,

GerloScreenshot 2022-07-04 at 12.13.32.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the answer. Check and delete the TempDisableGPU3 or TempDisableGPU2 files

Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html 

Go to number 6 and follow the instructions.

Solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines