• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Guides slow down the application/make the application sluggish and hard to use

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a possibility that this has been an issue in previous version (2019 etc.) but at least in Photoshop 2020 I've experienced very noticeable lagging/sluggishness with the software when I have added guides to a document. The sluggishness is present in simple documents with few layers and complex documents with multiple layers, groups and folders. Of course, the amount of lag depends on the document size but even with a 1024x2048 document at 72 dpi with multiple guide lines, the lag is very much there, affecting even the basic manipulation of the document and even simple panning of it. I can't say I remember it being like this a few years back so I'm wondering what could be the case.

Also, it seems that the ruler bars on the side of the document are more buggy than ever and even those seem to lag when panning the document.

My specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.00Ghz

RAM: 32 GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (6GB)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The issues I had with lag seem to have been resolved with the
recent updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone still having problems with this? For me it is clearly an issue with the rulers.  When they are on, lots of lag, when they are off, nothing.  I have a brand new PC with high specifications and use rulers (for guides) all the time.

PS version: 23.2.0

CPU: Intel Core i9 11900K 8-Core LGA 1200 3.5GHz 

RAM: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU: Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 

Changing things in the Performance preferences doesn't make a difference 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem was fixed in a subsequent version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same problem, fixed it after restarting Photoshop. Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines