• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop hanging for minutes upon opening

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Photoshop keeps hanging, not responding, for several minutes immediately after opening. I think it started from several months ago, I don't remember exactly which update it was but anyway it definitely started right after some update. My system is Mac 12.4 Monterey, MacBook Pro 16 M1 Pro. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Fortunately it does work but I can't use it at least for several minutes. I just updated Photoshop to 23.5 but it is still there.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

This issue has disappeared with the 24.1.0 release. I hope it will persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did, but it didn't work. And I just now found the newly updated Lightroom Classic 11.5 also started to show the same issue, spinning color ball for minutes. Quite annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the priority is to find the version you used (which didn't have a problem) and try again.
Even if use the same OS, the same CPU, and the same GPU, there are bugs on some computers, and it's stable on some computers.
If you don't remember the exact version you used, right-click the image, PSD file, or jpg file that you edited at that time to check the properties. If you haven't edited Exif, you'll most likely have a version of Photoshop. (e.g. PS23.5 / PS23.4.2~)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chang Ho sorry to hear this.

You could try to do a clean wipe and install of Ps to see if this solves the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue has disappeared with the 24.1.0 release. I hope it will persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines