• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop hangs at Saving 0%

Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I am editing 2 PSB files each of ca 25 GB on a HDD, H: with 1.8 TB free. My computer has 32 GB RAM of which Photoshop is currently using ca 21 GB and 14% CPU actively with no apparent disk activity.

The first error was Scratch disk full.I had declared 2 scratch discs to get round this problem many months ago.

C: (an SSD) is very full, 43 GB free of 465 GB, largely because 269 GB are occupied by Photoshop temp files which I cannot delete because Photoshop is using them.

G: (an HDD) is very empty, 3.96 TB free of 5.45 TB.

The second error was when I tried to close down Photoshop to restart.

First I tried to save the two PSB files. 1 1/2 hours later, both are stuck on Saving 0%.

As I do not want to lose the edits (which are slow), I have not yet shut down Photoshop nor the computer.

Any ideas what I should do next?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend:

First duplicate the saved images. (edit: I meant back them up on the computer, do not duplicate them in Photoshop, that’s more RAM/scratch space.)

Then, if they are not emminently important, remove hidden Layers (»Delete Hidden Layers«), delete unnecessary Alpha Channels, purge everything (Edit > Purge > All), close all other documents, close all other applications, try saving again. 

If that proves fruitless try »splitting« the document by using Image > Duplicate and removing part of the Layers and ytrying to save the resulting file.

In the past I have encountered files where the problem appeared to be connected to one specific Layer … 

As for the future: 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting and performance so far? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing: Are you using background save? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you save Recovery Information can you find it for the images? 

Screenshot 2022-10-02 at 16.23.12.png

What are those files’ change dates? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines