• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop hangs when plugin fails, and has to be ended by task manager.

Participant ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launch a plugin from PS, and that plugin fails to load properly like the craptastic Topaz products.

The little PS dialog box saying you are invoking a blah blah (in this case Topaz) plugin. "To return to the host editor complete or terminate the plugin." Ditto for other plugins.

However if (or when) that pluging fails to run, or fails to properly shut down. PS hangs, the little dialog box remains, and PS will make an audible ding at any mouse click to indicate it's not going to function while it thinks the plugin is running. Which then requires the task manager be used to end PS, losing whatever work wasn't saved. The rest of my computer remains working fine during this time.

Is that dialog box routine a function of PS ? Since it comes with many plugin products and will hang PS until cleared. If so, Adobe please add a "Dismiss button" function so we can return from a malfunctioning plugin. Or at least tell me which process is running so I can kill just that box instead of PS completely.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is all a function and part of Topaz Labs - the issue isn't with Photoshop. Even the dialog box is being generated by their plugin. Thats not an Adobe window.

A few things to check - have you updated your PS recently? If so, did you also check Topaz for updates to their plugins? Its on the user to update plugins to match compatibility with the main software - in this case Photoshop. 

Otherwise you can downgrade your PS to a compatible version that the plugin will work with, but thats more the tail wagging the dog at this point.

Start with any updates from Topaz or reach out to their support and see if they offer a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines