• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop has been wonky

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has been acting wonky for a few weeks. I've been in the middle of killer deadlines and could not wrap my head around how to solve Photoshops unruliness. Instead, I took lots of deep breaths and soldiered on. Now I have a slight breathing space. If I were to uninstall Photoshop and reinstall it would that help rest the way the program runs?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start by resetting preferences, which are not necessarily reset on a reinstall. 

If that does not resolve it we might be able to help further if you describe exactly what 'wonky' means.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave.

Right now I'm in the process of attempting to uninstall Photoshop, but to
do that I need to shut everything down on my computer and unplug it to
shutdown Photoshop.

*Lynda Wallis*
*Just call. I can draw it.*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can uninstall from the CC app - although it does no harm to restart you PC between uninstall an reinstall.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, thanks so much for responding.

Just now restarting my computer after unplugging it because Photoshop
refuses to shut down. I feel like my vastly younger version of my self with
this happening.

Do you know why on the CC app, I am getting messages that tell me all
updates to Photoshop and Illustrator are not "compatible" with my computer
- I guess? I pay for both programs and will have to pay for them until the
day I die.

*Lynda Wallis*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling at this point is unnecessary. Again, reset your preferences. 

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder*, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file.

Also: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Again, thank you very much.

I'm doing that right now, closing Photoshop down and will reopen to see if
it behaves better.

Would something in this folder be the reasons Photoshop refuses to close
down?

*Lynda Wallis*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines