• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop has begun to refuse using my graphics card.

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

So for the past week, I've been having some major trouble with photoshop. It has started to crash right in the middle of my assignments and it's incredibly frustrating. 

At first, I tried restarting my pc to attempt to fix the issue. Then I moved to reinstalling the app completely. What provided a temporary fix was updating the display adapter's drivers. I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX970 as the GPU and I do not know why I've only just started to experience issues. There's not even an error code, just a generic message saying,"Could not complete your request because of a program error."

I'm at a complete loss. Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the program error. Could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working with?

Also, please try updating Photoshop to version 22.5.1 through the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if that helps.

You may also try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see how it goes.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

I'm running the latest version of photoshop (ver. 22.5.1) on Windows 10. I've also reset the preferences, but I'm still getting the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Just wondering if you have any additional information to help with this issue?

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines