• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - holding shift not constraining proportions when resizing [2018]

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my CC today and now my shift button is not constraining proportions.

I have tried it with no other programs open so I don't think that key commends in other apps are affecting it.

This is a big problem! Is this a setting now? Am I missing something? Help!

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

“For example, for years and years Control + D was used for "duplicate" in every Adobe program of the suite.”

Hi

I’ve been using Adobe products for several decades and Ctrl+D (Cmd+D on Mac) is the one I use most often to show inconsistencies. Here’s how it works in the four programs I use. I have no problems keeping it straight and it’s never an issue for me.

Photoshop: Select > Deselect

Illustrator : Edit > Duplicate last transformation

InDesign: File > Place

Acrobat: File > Properties

I’m c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jane. This will resolve everyones issue with this. I know it has been driving me crazy since the first day Adobe pushed this update and I finally had enough. 

The only problem with the solution is it's on page 3. Hopefully Adobe moves this to the first page as a Fixed resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late 2021, my computer had freak out just before a deadline and had to totally reload things and get started.  You saved my sanity here, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here to say that I rarely use Photoshop (mostly Illustrator) and today was given a time sensitive, EASY project and instead spent 30 min trying to google what the heck happened to the scaling in the Transform tool.

This is BEYOND frustrating and unacceptable. Can't believe you have to CHECK a setting to make this happen. You should have to UNCHECK the regular setting because I bet 95% of users do not want their images scaling in wacky ways. It just makes no sense.

Also - it's 2020 and this is still an issue they don't care about and haven't bothered to revert back to the original ways.

Beginning to hate all Adobe products - it's just a "let's update you every 6 months and move all of the buttons around just for fun to keep you engaged" mentality. I'm sick of these programs!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, mostly we are using it with constraining the resizing. There should be an invert function and everyone would be happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried this in PS 2021 v22.4.2 and it didn't work, anyone else find this or have I done something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's certainly not an improvement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's certainly not an improvement. 

By @defaultrbgfjasw69zw

@defaultrbgfjasw69zw 

This thread is from 2018. Are you aware that you can change the behavior so it works as you would like it to?

• Prefs > General > Use Legacy Free Transform
    janee_0-1628289668285.png
  • After you do Cmd+T, look at the link widget inbetween the Width and Height. Click it to toggle it to the opposite.
    janee_1-1628289736109.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines