Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop image freeze

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issu when painting in quick mask with 200% zoom view and above. From time to time the image freezes, and can't be moved. I can continue editting the picture/mask but it's not showing. I have the same issue on both my imac and macbook pro, both running the latest firmware os and photoshop.

Another bug I'm experiencing is with keyboard shortcuts: when trying to change the tool with a shotcut, it changes for a second and then "bouncing back" to the previous tool used.

any advice?  

thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for the second issue, you might want to change the Timing Sensivity of the "Spring Loaded Tool Shortcuts" in Photoshop>Preferences>Tools

For the issue one, I cannot reproduce, could you try to capture a screencapture via Quicktime?
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/quicktime-player/qtp97b08e666/mac

please post the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.
If your post disappears, do not repost it, as it might need to be approved by a moderator. As an alternative you can save it to a .txt file on your computer and attach it on your answer via the forum. (attachments do not post from e-mail)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your answer.

i've attached .txt file with the system info and i'll try to capture the problam via Quicktime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, from this system info, I can see that your disk is amost full, there is only 1% free! 9 GB out of 900...

Check and remove duplicate files, old software, backup files on (duplicate) external drives, etc.

When you use Photoshop, you'll need lots of room for its scratch file, especially if you edit large files, or have lots of layers, or lots of edits... the scratch disk acts as the main memory, RAM is just a cache. Please free some room, and report if things get better.

Also, you should update to the latest version, there are some bug fixes, including one that relates to history: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines