Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop Interface is too small for my screen size

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a Photoshop CS6 edition and just started it for the first time. Sadly I can hardly see any of the elements of the user interface. The Menu bar, the Panels - everything is way too small. I have a Laptop with a high resolution screen, so probably the size of the user interface is meant to be used on a larger screen. I did change Windows 10 settings to scale up all the elements of other software I use - so all Icons and user interface elements of other software does indeed scale up, but Photoshop does not react to any changes there. Also I tried to increase the setting in the Photoshop settings (preferences/user interface/font size), but it is already set to "large" and there is no numeric value or additional options I could find. Here is a picture to compare the size of a regular window I use and the Photoshop Window - the font size seems to be about half and the elements are really hard to click.
Thanks for helping.

R4qjtI.jpg

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017
You need to upgrade to Photoshop CC2015/17 as these versions have been designed to  work on hi-definition screens.

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David. Some of us don’t use it often enough or professionally to want to pay a freakin subscription and it works just fine with the work around with what we already paid for.

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William -my comment was in response to Ramona1727 who asked "Does this work with CC?"

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it does not work on the shortcut, then definitely try it on the actual EXE file. It worked for me with out having to use it on the shortcut. I just reposted the original instructions. I am on Windows 10 just as an FYI.

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a great solution though it didn't work for me (2021), but it turns out it's actually very easy in the new Windows: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-interface-is-too-small-for-my-screen-size/m-p/120...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you saying that the older version will not work on the newer computer screens?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem with an even older version of Photoshop (CS4) on a higher resolution laptop monitor. (3840 X 2160). 

To get the interface to be normal-sized, change screen reslution settings to something less than maximum (e.g., 1920 X 1280), open Photoshop and see if the UI is sized at a usable level.  If it is, change screen resolution back to high settings and, in my experience, the UI remains at the usable size.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easier solution. Replying to most people since the official answer is incorrect.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-interface-is-too-small-for-my-screen-size/m-p/120...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines