• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is Freezing since the last update

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I feel like I'm going crazy with this issue and needed to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. My photoshop keeps freezing while doing even very simple tasks: like yesterday it froze after I cropped a picture and added an exposure adjustment layer, so it has nothing to do with RAM capabilities especially since I have 32GB. And usually I'm running just Photoshop and maybe Chrome at the same time. The weird thing is that, when it happens I go to the Task Manager and Photoshop doesn't show up as NOT RESPONDING, it says it's running smoothly, which is not true because I can't click anywhere within the software window. It's been happening every single day for the past two weeks. I feel like it's a bug. And of course it's incredibly annoying since I've had to restart retouching jobs over and over again because, the freezing bug happens at the most random moments ever and I never know when I should save. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much spare disk capacity do you have?
Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version Adobe Photoshop : 22.4.2 20210602.r.242 a4f6042 x64

System : Windows 10 64 bits
Version : 10 or 10.0.19041.1023

Spare Disk Capacity: 730 Gb

And yes I have tried that, yesterday the freezing didn't happen at all. It started happening again today. Still Confused about the source. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't run into this issue, but the first that I suggest is using the Reset Preferences on Quit option located under General in the Preferences. -see attached-

warmly/j

2021-06-26_07-30-20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Yes I did try that and Photoshop still freezes at the most random moments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue today and this did solve the problem on my mac, thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, it's been unreliable all year. Each update i pray it fixes the hang ups. It happens a couple of times a day with a 5 minute hang up. I'm so frustrated with it that i've just installed the 2020 version as these 5 minutes here and there are costing me time and money. Hopefully the 2020 version runs as smoothly as i remember. Another frustrating thing with the 2021 version is i can't stretch the window on my external monitor without losing the canvas.

I don't expect it on a maxed out 2019 macbook pro.

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 11.08.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Have you checked to see if your Graphics Card is compatible with this new version of Photoshop? Here is a help doc that gives some troubleshooting tips: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Also, here is some information on compatibility with Big Sur: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-big-sur.html

Let us know if either of these help, or if you are still having the issue.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea, i presume Adobe wouldn't release a product that isn't compatable with common/high end hardware. I'll just stick to 2020 and try again in 6 months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines