Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is freezing since Update 23.4.1

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since the update to version PS 23.4.1, I'm frequently encountering a freezing while trying to access to the menus (e.g. saving work).
Computer parameters:

• Win 10, 64 bit, latest update installed
  • 64 Gb RAM (70 % allocated to PS operation)
  • AMD 5800X
  • Display adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Over the Windows Task Manager I must delete PS (end task function) and restart the application. A smooth work is not possible.

Any idea what to do ?

Regards,

Alf

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be happening to a lot of us with NVIDIA cards. In many cases it can't recognize the NVIDIA at some point and hangs or crashes. Search for other threads and I will bookmark this one and post any solution.

I've had support sessions with Adobe, NVIDIA, Microsoft and Dell. None of the solutions work. But many of us are confident that these DO NOT WORK...

• Replacing the graphics card. Mine tests fine and so does others.
  • Resetting or reinstalling Windows. Waste. Checks for missing or corrupted files don't show anything.
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop or using an old Photoshop version. Still happens.
  • Assigning in Settings > Graphics each program like Photoshop to High Performance for the NVIDIA card
  • In NVIDIA's control panel under 3D assigning programs like Photoshop to NVIDIA
  • Extending the time the maching sniffs for the NVIDIA card in the registry
  • Adding a text file forcing Adobe Photoshop to use NVIDIA in Photoshop's Settings folder
  • Deleting the sniffer files fom Adobe Photoshop's Settings folder. (BTW, if you delete one of them it can corrupt your install. Don't do this.)

So save yourself the time and know none of those work.

Keep us posted if you find anything out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem with this last version of Photoshop (23.4.1)
I tried almost all the steps above:

• I updated all drivers (Nvidia, wacom, dell, intel),
  • I updated windows
    I unninstaled and reinstalled photoshop (this version and an older one)
    I reassigned all adobe softwares to NVIDIA in their control panel
    I cleaned the font cache.

And I'm still facing this problem.

My ccomputer is a:

•  Core I7 8º generation
  • NVIDIA  Geforce MX150 2gb (it's not great, but fully compatible with the software)
  • 16 gb of RAM
  • windows 11 fully updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you're in the same boat. I reached out to an "Adobe Expert" who helps in the forums and let them know these types of complaints with a Photoshop, NVIDIA and Windows combo were starting to grow.

I have had two things help me so far...

1. I downloaded the trial for Affinity Photo, a Photoshop competitor. It runs faster, crashes less. I really prefer Photoshop, but when I have critical timelines I MUST have a working photo editing application.

2. I downloaded the latest Intel driver from Dell (my CPU manufacturer) and put it on my Desktop. I also downloaded an NVIDIA driver version from January 2021 that I had used before when other NVIDIA updates were unstable. I then went into Safe Mode on my computer and used DDU (a driver deleter/ wiper) to remove my Intel GPU. I restarted and installed the Intel driver from my desktop. Then I did the same procedure for removing the NVIDIA driver and installed the January one.

So far I have not had any issues. I'm not 100% confident this will stick BUT before I did this I might have had 5 minutes in Photoshop and it would freeze or crash regardless of Photoshop version or what I was doing in the program.

Obviously this is not a fix, but again, I MUST have a working solution to get client work done. I think Adobe and NVIDIA need to talk to each other instead of their low level support reps pointing fingers at each other or Microsoft or Dell. There is nothing wrong with the NVIDIA card itself and nothing wrong with Windows.

If you have any success please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was very busy convering RAWs to Jpegs due to a family wedding.

Lots of PS work, and surpringsly, no freezing has happened anymore.

What did I do ? ... nothing at all, neither an update in a computer corner, nor any PS paramater changed.

I guess, in the Adobe background, there are too many users complaining about the same issue. Cloud attachment ? Who knows, hopefully PS will be functioning now without freezing.

Alf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines