• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is not opening any files except PSD (mac m1)

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my Photoshop and now I can't open any files except .PSD files.  I've deleted and reinstalled and tried the same with Lightroom.  Now both programs don't work.  Both work just file on Mac M1 prior to updates.  Super frustrated.

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for highlighting this.

What happens when you try to open other files? Do you see any error messages? Would you mind sharing a video so we can see what is happening?

Does restoring preferences (manually) help?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
You can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back if that doesn't solve it.

Try installing Photoshop 2023. Does the problem persist?

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem still persists.  I tried all recommended solutions.  This problem did not exist until I installed Photoshop 23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, can you share the link to a file that does not work. In which program was it created?

How are you opening the file, via file>Open? or a double-click in the finder? or a drag and drop on the Ps icon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines