• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is not picking up my pen "clicks" when using tools.

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 and using Photoshop 2022. 

I recently bought a Huion Kamvas Pro 16 (4K). I set it up and was using it with Photoshop without any issues.  But now none of the tools will function when I use my tablet pen.  I see the cursor moving around the screen, but nothing happens when I press down with the pen (seems to be happening for all tools).  All tools function properly if I use my mouse.   

I can still click on menu buttons and other things with my pen.  I tried drawing in Windows Paint with the pen and that worked fine.   I did a pressure sensitivity test in the software that comes with the tablet.  All my strokes and pen pressure are being picked up in the sensitivity test.  So it seems to be an issue specifically with Photoshop.

Restarting Photoshop does not fix the issue.

Does anyone know what the issue is here?  Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

If it was working in Photoshop, but is not working now, did you do anything inbetween then and now? Did you update Photoshop? You have been working with PS2022 for a while, correct? Have you changed anything or updated anything?

My first thought—I would suggest reinstalling the drivers for your tablet, and see if that fixes the issue. 

Let us know if that works or if the problem persists?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines