• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is not sending my photo to the printer. Am using Canon PIXMA TR8600

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am unable to print from Photoshop 2022. I use macOS version 12.2.1. Photoshop is not sending it to the printer, am using a Canon printer. Thanks 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Did you try: choose Apple menu System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners
Press and hold the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.
Reinstall the print driver, only from the manufacturer, not Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

When did this start hapening?

Did you make any updates to Photoshop or your Operating System?

Did you try reinstalling the Driver?

You did try turning everything off and then turning it back on, right? What happened?

What happens when you send the file to the printer? Does it sit there? Does it disappear?

Let us know so we can help you more effectively.

Thanks,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, all is updated in Photoshop and in my Operating system macOS Version 12.2.1.

No, did not reinstall the printer driver, but the printer driver is updated.
Yes, tried turning everything off and back no changes in the behavior.
When I send the file to the printer the printer goes idle. No messages.
However, below are my comments:
This is the first time I print from Photoshop 2022. I have been printing from 2021. But it seems 2021 disappeared from my application folder. So, now am trying to use Photoshop 2022: 
A- The image does not go to the printer at all when I use (printer manages colors)
B- The image does print if I use (Photoshop manages colors and under profile I used Display, which is not satisfactory) The profiles are very limited. 
Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A- The image does not go to the printer at all when I use (printer manages colors)
OK
B- The image does print if I use (Photoshop manages colors and under profile I used Display, which is not satisfactory) The profiles are very limited. 
Many thanks.
If can avoid it - DO NOT use "display" as the printer profile - you need to find or have made an icc prfile that is made for the printer and media you're using. The Canon printer probably installs ICC prfiles for Canons own papers.

You mention Monterey:

macOS Monterey Problems with printing using Photoshop?

Users have reported a bug in macOS Monterey 12.2.1 in connection with ICC profile use/printing,

[as there was with macOS Big Sur 11.6.x, fixed in 11.6.5]

It’s been reported that the macOS Monterey 12.3 update fixes the issue.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Neil for your advise. Just run the update now. I hope it works. Good Day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Fotonut, please report back on success or lack of it [I hope not].

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Photoshop if running.
Relaunch Photoshop and open the file that you want to print.
Click on the File menu and go to Print. ...
Now press and hold the Spacebar key for a few seconds.
This should reset the Printer Preferences for Photoshop.

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew, so you're clicking the spacebar AFTER clicking "print"?

Most instructions suggest you should click print whilst holding down the spacebar. 

THX, not easy to test if the printer's working oK ;~}

- just want to know I am passing on something that I've properly understood

I hope you're all keeping well

neil B

colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if I wasn't this clear:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems.html

Press the Spacebar on your keyboard before you click File > Print. This process resets printer preferences that have been written into the image.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew, thanks very much for the clarification

neilB

colourmanagement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried everything you recommended. Updated to v12.3.1. Relunched photoshop,  turned off the printer, changed the bit to 8, and followed the space bar recommendations before and after the print, It does not work. The image does not go to the printer at all. It works only when I choose Photoshop manages colors for which I do not have the profiles preferred among the choices that appears. That is why I was choosing Printer Manages color.  Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try: choose Apple menu System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners
Press and hold the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.
Reinstall the print driver, only from the manufacturer, not Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallelujah! All is perfect. It works both ways. Printer Function and Photoshop Function now, with all the other choices of paper. PERFECT. Many thanks for your help. EXCELLENT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines