Photoshop is not work correctly

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am constantly getting an error can I complete request through the program error I've reinstalled uninstalled reinstalled I updated twice went backwards I did everything that was told on the forums about this issue and it's still it's not resolved now I'm out $30 a month for a program that I can't even use I'm highly disappointed highly unsatisfied and I'm going to Infinity because they still work.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you using? The latest update is not recommended. If you click on the ... for install you can install an older version. You said you have already tried to resolve things on the forum, can you link to that thread so we can see what you have already been told and done?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Certified Instructor | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jason24909890mfdv 

This is your first post on the forums. Please share a screenshot of the error message or give us the exact wording so we can better assist. What are you doing when you get the message? Does Photoshop crash?

Have you reset preferences from Edit > Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit? 

Please give us your version of Windows and Photoshop (Help > About).

Was everything working and this just started?

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason, as far as I can see, you've still not posted the requested screenshots on error messages for about your system as requested by Jane. 

you do need to help us to help you

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are the error messages? Provide screen captures or spell out exactly what they state.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps try resetting Photoshop preferences?

(read this entire post before acting please)

Resetting restores Photoshop's internal preferences, which are saved when Photoshop closes.

If they become corrupt then various issues can occur.

Here’s some info on how to do that:

Manually removing preferences files is the most complete method for restoring Photoshop to its default state: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS.

To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see here for how to access hidden user library files. https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Unexpected behavior may indicate damaged preferences. Restoring preferences to their default settings is a good idea when trying to troubleshoot unexpected behaviors in Photoshop. check out the video

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Learn how to access and modify Photoshop preferences and customize per your frequent workflows

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

And here’s an earlier forum discussion as an aid to understanding

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-reset-photoshop-pre...

You may want to backup your settings and custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences.

Here is general info about that:  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Preferences file locations: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html\

Before you reset your preferences, in case of future issues, I suggest you make a copy as Adobe may need one to check problematic references. 

Quit Photoshop.
Go to Photoshop's Preferences folder:

Now you can drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe as a back-up of your settings.

Note for users of macOS:

1:The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access the hidden user Library folder, see this How To:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

2: preference preservation is affected by macOS permissions,

you’ll need to allow Photoshop ‘Full Disk Access’ in your Mac OS Preferences/Security and Privacy

Perhaps reinstall Photoshop but first remove using the "cleaner tool".

It’s recommended that you use the Adobe CC cleaner tool to remove all traces first.

(See above about preserving preferences though! It's worth preserving them unless they are corrupted.)

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Uninstall Photoshop BUT make sure to choose the option “Yes, remove app preference”.

Once that process finishes, start the installation process and look into the “Advanced Options”. Uncheck “Import previous settings and preferences” and choose to “Remove old versions”.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

things I've tried and did not work.

1. Uninstall and reinstall photoshop

2. uninstall and reinstall creative cloud

3. delete the preference folder 

4. unchecked GPU

5. tried photoshop cc 2018

all with no luck, still am unable to open or place images into photoshop.

refrence site Learn how to fix, "Photoshop could not complete your request because of a program error" when openin...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If CC 2018 and a modern version didn't work, with all the things you've tried, something is really wrong with your hardware and/or OS.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was working fine then all of a sudden stopped performing correctly. I embedded 3 images for my project when importing the 4th I get this error. and it stayed there for anything else I tried. so how can all my software work correctly except PS but its an hareware issue?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jason24919195k1yx wrote:

things I've tried and did not work.

Are you using two Adobe IDs or are we talking to two different users?

@jason24909890mfdv 

@jason24919195k1yx 

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same person don't know why it did that 2 id thing

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to post from just one ID and don't repeat your questions across f different posts. We are happy to [try] help you but we are volunteers so it's best if it's efficient.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you didn’t use the cleaner tool then?

nb

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jason24909890mfdv , @jason24919195k1yx ,

Since your issue is still unresolved and it also does not work with an older version, you might try Customer Care. They can look at your machine and we cannot.

To contact Adobe Customer Care directly:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen   (Type "agent" to get a human")

If your browser does not support auto-open the Chat window, try these tips:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703  

You can also send tweet to @AdobeCare.

Thanks for letting us know that you accidentally have two Adobe IDs. Make sure you sign in to Creative Cloud with the one you purchased with and give that one to customer care. After your issue is solved, ask them if they can combine the two IDs and drop the one that you did not purchase with.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines