• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is very slow (MacBook Pro 4k 28 inch display)

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. So I have a MacBook pro mid 2017, 16GB ram, and one tera ssd. Photoshop is very slow when using tools like pen tools or brushes. When I minimize the window, it's fine, but I want to work with full screen. I'm using an external 4k display.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, sorry to hear you are experiencing problems.

The links below may help you.

Photoshop freezing:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

If the issue persists, you can try resetting the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

If it doesn't work try to reinstall photoshop with this tool:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know how you get on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. No it's still very slow. If I open photoshop at a low resolution it's ok, but of course I can't work like that. Affinity photo and designer run very smooth. I'm not expecting to a solution right here right now but at least I expect Adobe to admit that photoshop is just not optimized to this day and age workflow. I hope they working on a update to fix that. On my PC photoshop runs very smooth. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you work only with the macbook (with the 4k monitor unplugged) Photoshop works well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. It's a little bit better but still slow and laggy. Selections tools, pen tool, zoom, these are the worst.

The only thing I can find that is helping, is to resize the window to a very small size.. but again it's not really a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: I installed photoshop version 21.2.9 and it's much better. Not optimial in my opinion but at least it's usable.

I think it's something with version 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines