• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keeps crashing on me!

New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Forum! My copy of Creative Cloud Photoshop seems to be broken, I think I tried nearly everything at this point to fix it, but I wasn't able to. I reinstalled, cleared the font cache, updated my drives, fixed broken system files, literally nothing worked! It's getting frustrating and I really need to fix this. The issue does not occur with other Adobe products such as Illustrator or InDesign.

I checked the control panel and apparently Windows 11 is listing "msvcrt.dll" as a cause of the problem? I'm pretty sure that got fixed when my OS files got scanned and repaired, so I'm not sure why it's crashing again because of it.

I got it to launch ONCE at startup, upon leaving the program to install fonts, it crashed. It launches when I open a .psd file, but only uses up memory and the window refuses to open, staying in the taskbar, or it doesn't respond.

I'm completely lost, what do I do?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope! I thought it worked, it launched the first time, I even got a thing done. The second time I tried to open the program, it crashed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the Adobe cleaner tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Also have you checked Windows event viewer for errors relating to Photoshop.exe in the application log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that, nothing changed. Still launches no problem on the first try and dies on the second one.

Yes, I did check. As I mentioned before, the module causing the error (or whatever it's called on the English version of Windows, mine is in Polish) is "msvcrt.dll".

Here is the thing I copied from it:

Nazwa aplikacji powodującej błąd: Photoshop.exe, wersja: 24.4.1.449, sygnatura czasowa: 0x643ef30e
Nazwa modułu powodującego błąd: msvcrt.dll, wersja: 7.0.22621.608, sygnatura czasowa: 0xc4d8152c
Kod wyjÄ…tku: 0x40000015
Przesunięcie błędu: 0x000000000000b15c
Identyfikator procesu powodującego błąd: 0x0x477C
Godzina uruchomienia aplikacji powodującej błąd: 0x0x1D9827F718A3722
Ścieżka aplikacji powodującej błąd: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Photoshop.exe
Ścieżka modułu powodującego błąd: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
Identyfikator raportu: 8bdcde87-6278-4ab8-8d14-b592d4d0cd42
Pełna nazwa pakietu powodującego błąd: 
Identyfikator aplikacji względem pakietu powodującego błąd: 

The reliability log gives me much of the same:

Źródło
Adobe Photoshop 2023

Podsumowanie
Zatrzymano działanie.

Data
<u+200e>09.<u+200e>05.<u+200e>2023 14:25

Stan
Niezgłoszony

Opis
Ścieżka do aplikacji powodującej błąd:	C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Photoshop.exe

Sygnatura problemu
Nazwa zdarzenia problemu:	APPCRASH
Nazwa aplikacji:	Photoshop.exe
Wersja aplikacji:	24.3.0.376
Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji:	6413d854
Nazwa modułu z błędem:	msvcrt.dll
Wersja modułu z błędem:	7.0.22621.608
Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem:	c4d8152c
Kod wyjÄ…tku:	40000015
Przesunięcie wyjątku:	000000000000b15c
Wersja systemu operacyjnego:	10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48
Identyfikator ustawień regionalnych:	1045
Dodatkowe informacje 1:	3860
Dodatkowe informacje 2:	3860b47cbefe71fe06945944e8f02bf4
Dodatkowe informacje 3:	747a
Dodatkowe informacje 4:	747a08d3c6315eedd7b5b8e7a376849c

nbsp; Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, nothing works. Not a single thing fixe this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

If that doesn't fix the issue:
Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.
Still crashing? 
Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. Still crashing? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines