• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop keyboard commands are Inactive when switching apps on macOS

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to try to explain what I'm experiencing as clearly as I can (but it's a bit complicated).

I use Mac computers, and frequently change the app I'm working on with the keyboard shortcut "Cmd-Tab". If I am doing something in Photoshop (currently using v23.2.0, but it's been happening for quite some time), switch apps, and then return to Photoshop and try to execute a command using a keyboard shortcut (such as using Cmd-B to get the brush tool), the app will issue an error sound and nothing will happen. It's only when I click inside the Photoshop app window that keyboard commands become available. No other app that I can think of demonstrates this behaviour, not even other Adobe apps (e.g., I can switch into Lightroom this way, and without clicking anywhere I can hit the D key to change to Develop mode, for instance). Is this a "feature" of the Mac operating system, or is there something I can do to fix this? It's pretty annoying.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any Microsoft Office software running? I've heard of unresponsive keyboard shortcuts if you have anything MS Office open when switching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines