• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Lag and Freeze

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For three days now I can't use Photoshop for more than 5 minutes at a time before it starts to lag and then completely freezes. I can't even close the program without having to shut down my whole computer. I dont know what to do. Everything on my computer seemes updated.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Please help!!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

This might help 🙂

Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the exact versions of Photoshop and your Operating System?

The Creative Cloud app allows for multiple versions of a program to be simultaneously installed. Do you have the same problem using an earlier version of Photoshop? This isn't a solution, just possibly something to get your back up and running while you solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.5.0 20220809.r.669 0e07917 x64

I'm sorry Im not sure what version my operating system is. I'm trying to find the "older version" option to see if that runs more smoothly or not. Still learning where everything is and how this program works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might help 🙂

Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fiddlestix222 sorry to hear this.

A system hang or freeze requiring a computer restart usually means a low level failure such as a driver (bad video card driver, etc), failing hardware (hard disk, video card, etc.) or damaged OS installation. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this helped! now everything is working just fine. I guess the latest update for Photoshop just doesnt mesh well with my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you are up and running again. Hope you find a proper solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I found this post.  As of today (4/17/2024) I'm still running into this almost exact problem with version 25.6.0.  I'll give older version a try but I really miss the old days when Photoshop was so simple, smooth and fast.

Sometimes as my photoshop freezes, I found in task manager that under Photoshop there was 3 or 4 sessionos of Microsoft Edge Viewer.   If I ended the Edge Viewer, Photoshop would resume, but this doesn't cover all the situations, so I wouldn't say this is a woking fix. Wonder what the Edge Viewer was doing and why.

Basic info:

windows 10 pro 22H2

Bootcamp on Macbook pro

Photoshop 25.6.0 release.

I just rebuilt my system last month so all the software is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines