• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop lagging & freezing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am currently with a large document (728 x 90, 250 x 250, etc.) and it takes 10 minutes for photoshop to tranform an image or make any change to the document. I am unsure as to what could be causing these issues...

I have 64 GB of RAM, 2 TB Hard Drive + 125 GB SSD attached as scratch disks (I've played with only have the SSD or the HD as the only scratch disks as well and still no dice), AMD Ryzen 5 3400 at 3.7 Ghz. 

Performance settings are at:

80% Memory Allocation

12 History States

6 Cache

Im not running any applications other than photoshop so im really unsure what else I am missing here. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

728 inches is a little over 60 feet. That's...pretty big. You might be asking for trouble even on a beefy system like yours if the DPI is too high. (You can get away with a low DPI with something that big; nobody is going to approach the image up close, I would hope.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's certainly plenty for Photoshop to work with.

When you say "large document" at 728x90, is that...pixels? Inches?

I'm assuming you've also done other troubleshooting steps like update your video adapter's drivers (if possible) as well as simply restarting your computer if the system hasn't been rebooted in awhile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in inches! 

All drivers updated and computer has been restarted. I've been googling this for the past 2 weeks to try and figure out what's happening, so I've played around with all the settings and yet, it still takes 25 minutes for Photoshop to flip an image horizontally. 

I even rolled back Photoshop to   version 22.0 hoping it would help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

728 inches is a little over 60 feet. That's...pretty big. You might be asking for trouble even on a beefy system like yours if the DPI is too high. (You can get away with a low DPI with something that big; nobody is going to approach the image up close, I would hope.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what was going on. This solved it. 

Yeah its for these massive ads I am doing for work. They gave it to me because they know my computer can handle larger formats, but sheesh...wasn't expecting this large of a format!

Thank you so much for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always a pleasure to help!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines