• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop lasso jumps [Windows 7 and PS v21.1.0 ]

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop v21.1.0 on PC with Windows 7 using a mouse.

Whenever I use the lasso (in any form) I can click on a couple of points but then the next points automatically jumps somewhere off screen but not off the image. This is a recent event, and makes the lasso unusable.

This glitch needs to be fixed immediately in the next Photoshop update, and not require any update of my machine, nor any purchase of third party software or hardware.

This may have been posted more than once. The Adobe support posting function is also buggy

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem having just updated today....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't wait for some [removed] to tell us to upgrade to Windows 10 because xyz.  [abuse removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm having the same issue and I believe it is a know BUG.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/ps-21-1-every-drawing-action-snaps-to-upper-l...
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/ps-21-1-every-drawing-action-snaps-to-upper-l... 

It's a known issue with 21.1 and has been reported to Adobe already and they are working on it.

For now, the only solution is that you can revert back to version 21.0.3 from the CC app until Adobe fixes the issues with this new update. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I can tell Adobe does not offer a previous build to revert to for Win 7 machines.  Basically everytime I reboot my PC the lasso glitch shows up. After I open an close photoshop an unspecified number of times (`10) the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop v21.1.0 on PC with Windows 7 using a mouse.

This glitch needs to be fixed immediately in the next Photoshop update

@gigasaurus  Are you also using PS 21.1.0? If so, there won't be future updates to software that was released in 2019. Only the current version is being updated. If not, please clarify.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. This problem is on a Windows 7 PC that my mother uses. Upgrading to a different OS isn't an option for her. From what I've read, there was a previous build that did not have this glitch, but Adobe has removed the option to roll back to a previous version.     I know that if I restart photoshop many, many times and click around a lot, the problem eventually goes away (over the course of a couple of days).  I have not yet determined what action I take makes the problem go away.  If someone else has figured that out, I would love to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gigasaurus 

Thanks, but you didn't answer the one question I asked you. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, when I said "YES", I meant "Yes, I am using 21.1.0".  As far as I know, that is the only version available on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize that I failed to figure that out @gigasaurus !

I don't use 21.1.0 or Windows 7 anymore, but you can try the direct downloads from ProDesign Tools. They work with your paid subscription, and you can have more than one version installed.

https://prodesigntools.com/

Be sure to follow his instructions for installation.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From what I've read, there was a previous build that did not have this glitch, but Adobe has removed the option to roll back to a previous version. 

By @gigasaurus

Adobe allows for going back to one major version. The problem may well be a graphics card driver update.

Your only solution now will be to try what @jane-e suggests.

This is unrelated to Photoshop or Adobe or any application not running well under Windows 7: you really should consider updating, as Windows 7 is no more maintained and connecting such a system to the internet is dangerous, unfortunately.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines