Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Layers are centering on PNG export

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

Looking for help with Photoshop. I am working on an NFT collection, and need to export each image in my layers as a PNG file. The issue I am experiencing is that:

My working canvas size is 2000 x 2000. However, my indiviudal images have their own WxH of course. When I go to export them as PNG, the default canvas size is the size of the image WxH. If I change the export canvas size to 2000 x 2000, it centers the image to the canvas, rather than keeping it in the position where I drew it in the layer. I need to know how to keep the image location the same on the 2000 x 2000 canvas when I export.

Any help here would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nicholas22898857jnhf 

Adobe have made fixes which has affected this behaviour (layer masks used to be able to control the pixel content vs the transparent canvas size). I can't recall if reverting to legacy export as in prefs helps or not.

You may need to use a script that uses save as (or perhaps save for web if that is not affected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The solution is Photoshop > Preferences > Export > Use Legacy Export As

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines