• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Locks Up when I activate Camera Raw

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Photoshop and Camera Raw loaded. Using Mojave 10.14.6. When I access the Camera Raw filter with an image loaded in Photoshop it freezes up after only a couple of adjustments. I'm not able to quit or otherwise get out of the application without shutting down the computer and restarting. No other applications are  running. Advice????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Go into Camera Raw preferences (not Photoshop preferences) and uncheck "use graphics processor".

It's a buggy video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into Camera Raw preferences (not Photoshop preferences) and uncheck "use graphics processor".

It's a buggy video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That appears to work.... thanks....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running version 24.3 and every time I use the Camera Raw filter, Photoshop locks up and I have to go to Task Manager and force a shut down. I've tried rolling back to an earlier version but that hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and unchecking "using graphic processor" didn't help, what to do now? I was going to uninstall photoshop but i guess that won't help either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok, finally fixed it. Just easy, hold ctrl + go to edit>preferencies>camera raw, delete settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me too on Windows. This problem was driving me mad - when I attempted to launch Camera Raw from either Photoshop or Bridge the user interface would freeze and I needed to kill the process using Task Manager. I tried turning off graphics processor (didn't work), purging cache (didn't work) and various other tweaks (didn't work). Deleting Settings as described worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines