Photoshop makes running games impossible.

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so this isn't like a pressing issue, I can simply turn off Photoshop before I launch a game, but it is still fairly frustrating and I see no reason why this should be happening. 

Whenever I launch ANY game while Photoshop is running in the background, my graphics cards goes insane, instantly ramps up to 100% and practically disables my computer. Now, this isn't an issue of capacity, I am talking about games like CS GO or Civilization 5. My RTX 2080 should handle that just fine. When I launch Counter Strike on its own, it barely consumes 20% of GPU resources, if I have Photoshop in the backgrond it jumps to 100% and my compuer becomes insanely laggy to the extent that I have to restart it. 

This is the case for every game that involves any sort of 3D. I have done all the obvious things like updating my drivers, reinstalling everything, trying different photoshop versions, etc... Does anyone else have this?

My specs:

• Windows 10
  • RTX 2080 Super
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor
  • 64GB of memory

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That should not happen, but computer's can be configured in a of ways.

For example, I run Photoshop and all kinds of games in tandem. Red Dead Redemption, Assassins Creed etc and with similar RAM but I use an nVidia card.

The question then becomes are there any settings outside of these games and Photoshop that are used to“optimize” the computer? GPU settings, Steam settings anything like that? 

Let's start with Photoshop > select Help > System Info.

1. In the System Info dialog, click Copy.
  2. Attach or copy the info here to this thread.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines