• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Menu colors almost identical whether selectable or not('grayed out')

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only happening right now on my personal laptop's Photoshop (not on my work computer), and Adobe Bridge and Illustrator do NOT have this issue. That's why I think there's something wrong with this Photoshop in particular as opposed to a Windows setting conflicting with Photoshop but who knows.

It's nigh impossible for me to discern which menu items on Photoshop are clickeable and which ones aren't - unless I hover over them (if I get the blue overlay, I can click on it, if no animation/cahnge occurs, its a grayed out option).

Photoshop_cant_see_options.jpg

For contrast, This is what the menus look on Illustrator:

illustrator_menu-issue.jpg

MUCH easier to see. Both of them have one of the darker UI interfaces selected (although I tried changing to a lighter one and restarting the program to no avail, also tried edit > Preferences > Reser Preferences on Quit and nothing.

My Windows is on Dark Mode and when I right click on the desktop, the context menu looks like this:

ersatzSailor_0-1647200657306.png

but menu on Notepad looks like this: 

ersatzSailor_1-1647200899596.png

Hope anyone can illuminate any solutions. Its really hard to use Photoshop like this. 😞

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow. I can see where that'd be very frustrating. Just wanted to check whether you've enabled "Show Menu Colors" in Interface Preferences. It honestly makes no difference for this on my Mac, but I thought it might do so on your Windows machine.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines