Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop Menus flicker and lag on 4k monitor

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 4k Samsung monitor and a Wacom Cintiq 13HD  tablet running on Windows Titan PC with 2 nvidia RTX Quadro p1000 graphics cards and an i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz processor. 64 GB RAM as well.

For about 4 months photoshop ran perfectly on both monitors. 

Now all of the sudden photoshop lags and the menus flicker when I try to click on anything when Photoshop is sitting up on my 4k monitor.

It still runs fine on my Cintiq tablet, which is now the only way I can get work done.

I can't find any examples of the same problem where the menus flicker and blink constantly.

All graphics drivers up to date, windows up to date, wacom driver up to date.

When it locks up, the only way I can unlock it is Ctrl+Alt+del >> Task Menu, and then it starts running again. Then I do a few things and it locks up again with lag and flickering.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it only when using the Wacom/pen? or also with a mouse? 

Do you have Override High DPI Scaling Behavior turned on by chance?  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/high-dpi-scaling.html 

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It runs fine down on my Cintiq, with the mouse or the pen.

When I bring it up to the 4k desktop monitor, that's when the issues appear.

High DPI Scaling behavior was not selected under Photoshop exe properties.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be a GPU issue for whichever graphics card that 4k is plugged into.  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html 

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines