Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Photoshop moves halfway down screen

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I stop actively using Photoshop and do a few other things, when I come back to Photoshop (it is in a different "desktop" on Mac) it is halfway down the page and I have to pull it up or double click on the top bar of the PS window. I have uninstalled retaining my data and reinstalled. Same thing. Then I have uninstalled and removed everything (all personalizations etc) and it still does it. It didn't do this in the past, just the last few months.

MacOS 11.5.2, Photoshop 22.5  M1 Mini

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That doesn't sound right. Could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're working on? Have you tried completely resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if that helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the preferences.  As I said in the original post, it's 22.5 but it's been doing it for a while, so previous versions too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops, I reset the preferences and it is still doing it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue on Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator, see this thread here 

It seems to be M1 mac with extrenal monitors and it's driving me nuts. Everytime my monitor sleeps and I come back all 3 apps are half of the screen.

Doesnt happen with After effects, media encoder, acrobat and any other third party software. Also if you have a dialogue box open, like "open file" or "save as" this stops the window moving.

Come on Adobe M1 macs have been out over a year now and I can see reports of this bug from the begining of this year across mutilple software updates.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also regularly have this problem with Photoshop on my M1 mac running macOS Monterey 12.6. So far, it isn't happening with any other Adobe application. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines