• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - New File does nothing, CPU usage high, process still active after quitting.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version 23.1.1 Release
Windows 10 Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044

Hey! I've been running into this extremely irritating bug where when working on multiple files, there's a high chance that clicking on New File doesn't do anything, the No Document window appears + CPU usage goes up to 30-50% and my fans start ramping up.

When quitting Photoshop, even with no files opened, the process is still active and still continues to use large chunk of my CPU until I manually terminate the process in Task Manager. It's proving to be extremely detrimental to my workflow as it happens 2-3 times a day when working with PS where I have to save all my files, close them, and re-open them all over again.

I've already reset my preferences multiple times, re-installed Photoshop only for this issue to show up over and over again. There's no errors or anything that I can find (to my knowledge) to troubleshoot the issue.

PC Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
(16x2) 32GB 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
Corsair SF600 Platinum SFX PSU

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?