• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop no longer detects my SSD

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Photoshop 24.0, it no longer detects my SSD in the drop-down list of disks. The one I would like to choose as the scratch disk (the SSD) does not appear. Only the hard drive of my mac appears. So I can't select it. I don't have enough place to run photoshop on my mac's hard drive that's why I use the SSD. I've always been able to work from my SSD, I don't understand what has changed. All updates have been made. I also uninstalled cleaned off restart then reinstalled Creative Cloud after error 176 and this is fixed.
The SSD is marked as in perfect condition, no breakages.
macbook pro 2019 - Ventura 13.1
I had the same problem before updating the OS.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Ventura does not like the ExFat format. Go to Disk Utilities and reformat to a Mac compatible format like Journaled.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an SSD so set, Mac etc. No problem.

Maybe reformat it in Disk Utility.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it no longer detects my SSD in the drop-down list of disks"

I am on Windows but... Preferences > Scratch Disks does not offer drop-down, rather list with check box on the left side. Is that "drop-down" or something else?

scratch disks.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, this is the list I'm talking about. my ssd is plugged in as usual, it works, but no longer appears in the scratch disk proposals in photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog wich OS do you use and wich version oh photoshop do you use? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bojan Živković yes, this is the list I'm talking about. my ssd is plugged in as usual, it works, but no longer appears in the scratch disk proposals in photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac OS. 

The SSD should show up. You might try resetting your Photoshop preferences (make a screen shot of them if you want to reconfigure them after quickly). In General preferences, there is an option to reset them when you quit. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the macOS Finder, select the drive and choose File > Get Info... (cmd + i) and provide a screenshot of that dialog: 

JeffreyTranberry_0-1671548791976.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Following Migration Assistant, my M2 MacBook Air has Ventura 13.1.

Lightroom can access the SSD OurImageDAT device. Howewver, when invoking Photoshop Version 24.1.1, there appears no way to add this drive as a Scratch Disk.

The drive was compatible with the prievious iMac 2017 (Intel) and same OS. I've set Accessibility to the Adobe Apps and granted Full Disk Access to Adobe Apps including Photoshop & LR, but as using CMD+OPT startup, Photoshop still doesn't recognize the drive I want for scrtch disk.

Thank you

Lynn Carter

Vonore Tenn,

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 5.21.31 PM.png

 

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 5.23.37 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura does not like the ExFat format. Go to Disk Utilities and reformat to a Mac compatible format like Journaled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Kevin. Your advice to re-format corrected the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In System Preferences (System Settings in Ventura), >Security & Privacy, >Full Disk Access, do you see Photoshop listed? If not, add it and try again.

This explains how to do so for Photoshop: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-learn-how-to-give-full-dis...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines