• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop no longer responds to Space Bar and/or Command/Space Bar and Crashes when...

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past few months Photoshop no longer responds to Space Bar and/or Command/Space Bar (hand(move), zoom(+-)) when sampling colors with the Eyedropper tool in/on/from a secondary RGB source (a second/another open photoshop file) via Channel>Channel Options>color>Color Picker and Color Libraries.

Additonally, it will freeze/crash everytime you press the Command/Space Bar when performing that same action in Channel>Channel Options>color>Color Libraries.

It's nice to select colors and especially within libraries from secondary RGB source outside of original file in this modality but unfortunately it crashes everytime now instead of working as it has for years

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try resetting preferences 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, still crashes, thanks though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this seems to have happened simultaneous to Pantones exit.. color data base issues perhaps.. still they should be able to block the crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input. I'll check these out today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does freeze and your have to force quit? Or does it crash out completely and you see the crash reporter dialog asking you submit your crash log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to force quit.. just get the eternal spinning ball

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it has has also often presented the crash log to report.. I reported several times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteit has has also often presented the crash log to report.. I reported several times

Hmm. I can't find any reports. Did you enter your email address in the dialog? I can't search for them without your email address. Be sure to use the email address you use to log into this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Jeffrey, I just duplicated it and sent a crash report. I added my email address to the notes this time.. hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines