• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop no longer saves a copy of an edited image to Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until recently, my workflow saw me edit images in Lightroom before making more precise adjustments in Photoshop. After finishing the edits I would simply save the image and it would add the edited copy to my Lightroom collection. It should be noted that I was using an External Hard Drive to import images to. 

I recently acquired a NAS drive and whilst I have no issue importing images via Lightroom to this drive, any adjustments I make in Photoshop, do no longer create a copy in Lightroom. I now have to save it as a psd/tif file to the Desktop and then import again which is a pain. 

I have updated Lrc and Photoshop to v13.3 and v25.9.0 respectively. I edit on Mac OS Sonoma 14.5.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While NAS is fine as long-term storage, using it as a working disk is always risky. You should never save directly over a network connection. We have had a lot of threads about NAS problems, both corruption and disappearing files.

In fact, saving directly to an external drive is in itself not recommended - but networks are far riskier.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html 

networks.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines