• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop no longer works after updating from Mojave to Monterey

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - please help. PhotoShop no longer works after updating my iOS from Mojave to Monterey. Thank you in advance.
Isriya

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@isriyam96763503 

You posted to the Photoshop Developers forum and this is not a developer question. I've moved your post to Photoshop for you.

Sometimes when you update your OS, you need to also reset preferences. Try a manual reset by quitting then renaming the file. A new file will be created on launch. If it does not fix the issues, you can restore to former file. Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane, thank you for your reply. However, I couldn’t click through the
link you sent. It kept taking me to the same exact page without going any
further.

Also, fyi, I have the PhotoShop version that was purchased and stays on my
computer. Pprobably one of the last version before it went on to become a
subscription based.

I hope you’ll be able to help me restore it. Currently the photoshop icon
on my computer is grayed out and has a circle and alas through it. So I
couldn’t even open it.
Thanks in advance.
Isriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have an older, 32-bit version of Photoshop that can no longer run on any Mac system after Mojave. You would have to either downgrade to Mojave (which Apple no longer supports) or subscribe to the current Adobe CC offerings.

Downgrading is a pain, I'm a former Mac genius and I probably wouldn't do it unless I absolutely have to.

https://www.macworld.com/article/671318/how-to-downgrade-macos-monterey-to-big-sur-or-older.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought it around 2016 or 2017, since I can’t open it, I couldn’t tell you
which exact version. But after I purchase this photoshop, it’s no longer
available in this version, it went on to offering a monthly subscription.
I don’t have the subscription, just a version that I use on my computer
whenever I want. I hope there’s a way to restore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You'll need to revert the OS back to the version Photoshop worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you have an idea of where to get info on the steps to revert the OS?
There are a lot of info online and I'd like to get professional opinion on
which method works best and won't mess up anything. Thanks so much.
Isriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting is a really big deal, and pretty complicated. If you didn't keep an installer for Mojave, you may be stuck. Also, your old version of Photoshop may now be dead forever. Let's look at that.  We asked for the version. You said " I have the PhotoShop version that was purchased and stays on my computer" but we're looking for an actual version number, please tell us the actual number in the app name or app folder. Also, is it actually called "Photoshop Elements"? Details matter very much here, and you could waste days or weeks without accurate info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop was not available as a stand-alone purchase in 2017. Photoshop Elements was.

If you had Photoshop Creative Cloud 2017 32-bit as a stand alone verison - you had a cracked/pirated version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the application in /Applications folder, right-click Get Info. That will show the version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Applications/Adobe Photoshop version right click on the Adobe Photoshop version.app then click Get Info that should tell you the version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've noticed that many versions I have do not open anymore in Big Sur, only those After 2018... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upgrade to Monterey you need ALL new apps. Nothing from 2017 will still work. It's part of the Joy Of Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@isriyam96763503  Did you buy a new Mac?

If it’s a 'M' model (M1 or M2) then you can't take up my suggestion 'cos that won't work -

However, this may be useful -

I run 32 bit apps in the 64 bit masOS Catalina (on an Intel mac) by using Parallels desktop software. Parallels can run a Mojave as a "virtual machine". More here: https://kb.parallels.com/124786

That works. 

BUT you'd ned to reinstall PS so you may have trouble activating as Adobe removed most of the licence activation servers fro historic versions. Do you have your installer disks?

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines