Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop not asking to save on exit

Participant ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just edited a PSD file and made prints from it. Then I closed the file and it closed without asking if I wanted to save changes.

Under what circumstances will Photoshop not ask to save upon exit?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

That shouldn't be happening, let's make it right.

As the save dialog does not open when you close Photoshop, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working with?

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps? Preferences in Photoshop

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes and actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you previously printed the document and saved the document, If you open that saved file and make an other print and do not change any print setting.   When you close the document Photoshop will most likely not ask if you want to save changes because you made no changes.   Photoshop will close document that you close when there are no unsaved changes. If there are unsaved changes you will get a saving prompt.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021 is doing that to me, too, particularly when I'm editing a doc in the Photoshop cloud.  I make changes, such as collapsing layers --- a change I do NOT want to keep --- and then close the document, assuming that PS will ask if I want to keep the changes, and allow me to say "no".  

Then it saves the changes without asking and I lose all my layers.

This is really, really annoying and frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this problem as well but went to Edit > Preferences > General and selected "Reset All Warning Diologs" and that seems to have fixed it. Hope that helps!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines