• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not recognizing pen tilt (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I just got a new Wacom Intuos Pro Medium and I can't get the tilt to work right on the latest version of Photoshop (22.4.2). It does appear to work while I just hover the brush over the canvas, but as soon as I start painting it just sticks in that position and then I have to lift the stylus and reposition it to change the tilt. I tried it on Krita and the tilt worked just fine, so I know it's not the tablet. I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to fix this. Oh, and I have Windows Ink Workspace enabled. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use tilt and  I use WinTab with Wacom Intuos Pro small  Windows 10 Pro and Photoshop 2021 version 22.4.2. I just  tried tilt  for shape dynamics and it seems to work.  I'll reconfigure for INK and test.  WinTab shows this

image.png

INK also seems fine

image.png

Here is how I configure Windows 10,  Wacom Intuos and Photoshop the work together. using WinTab or INK.  I have Updated to the latest Wacom driver since I created the configuration file. The version I have installed is 

image.png

PenConfig.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply man, but unfortunately it's still acting just the same as before. Tilting nice while hovering and getting stuck in position once I start to actually paint. Stills works just fine on Krita. I made sure to follow every step very carefully for the Ink version, mainly because I don't know how to even get WinTab, haha. Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted how you configure Windows 10, Wacon Intuos and Photoshop to user WinTab and INK.  I have no trouble using tilt for shape dynamics with the pen in contact with the tablet. Using Windows INK  or using WinTab. You should be able to see that from the screen captures I posted and you should be able to see how to configure for Windows INK and how to configure for WinTab.  Its a simple matter of configuration  Windows, Wacom Tablet Pen and Photoshop to work together well.  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm telling you that I already tried it like 10 times and it doesn't work, I mean thanks, but please don't get angry if your answer doesn't work, Geez. I'm happy that you are so knowledgeable and have no problems with configuring and using your hardware and software, but for a simpleton like me your answer didn't work. I did what you told me to, and my problem's still there, it's just that. No need to get defensive man, I'm not blaming you. Thanks anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  not. You seem to have the same software that I have and the same Wacom Tablet mine is just a bit smaller than yours.   Have you tried different USB ports and and wireless   connection.  You seem to be  able to use your pen and tilt is standard,   I just don't understand why you have a problem and I don't.  You also wrote you do not know to install WinTab.  Its just configuration the addition  of the PSUserconfig.txt file to  your Photoshop preference folder.  IMO WinTab performance is better then Windows INK. I'm just trying to help you.  I feel you may have missed some of the configuration setting I posted. Your a human like me and able to communicate that not a simpletom. The can not communicate I'm more like them I don't  communicate well.  That is why I use so many screen captures.  They communicate better than I can.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still a problem in 2023 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines