• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not saving changes?

Participant ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, on Mac OS Monterey, PS 24.4.1. noticing a strange issue. also reported by few other users.  I edit a RAW image, using normal brightness, contrast. save image as jpg.  seems not to be saving the changes, as when i reopen the jpg looks dark again, more like the orginal...  has anyone encountered this or noticed.  savign in sRGB, normal jpg..  thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You edit the raw in what, Adobe Camera Raw? You are using the Open command to allow it to render the edits, then you see it in Photoshop, and what? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes utilizing camera raw . it appears that the brightening i did was not saved and i have to re brighten it and save again (as jpg)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Monterey 12.6.5 to open the Photo.jpg in Bridge, then Ctrl-r to open in ACR 15.3

Then I make a change there, and click Done. I'll know the changes took so when I open it in Photoshop, it calls up ACR.

I click the Open button and when I close it in Photoshop, and it asks me to Save, I save as Photo1.jpg That will open directly in Ps without losing the changes.

If you try it that way, do you keep the changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok but my question was is anyone else experiencing this in PS

(thanks i may try lightroom or another product to see how it looks)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I carefully checked again. It opens in Ps with the adjustments saved. I did an exagerated change in color balance to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I carefully checked again. It opens in Ps with the adjustments saved. I did an exagerated change in color balance to be sure.

By @gener7

So its OK; it does open in PS with adjustments. 

The edits are parametric (instruction based). You could edit a JPEG in Adobe Camera Raw and just select Save. Then open that JPEG in anything but Adobe Camera Raw (or Lightroom Classic), and you would not see the edits. Adobe Camera Raw must render, and apply the edits for you to see them. Is this the issue? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines