Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not saving edits

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help?

I had an older computer upgraded with an SSD Internal Hard Drive so it would run LR & PS faster. I use this computer on location so I don't have to take a computer back and forth since I shoot for this client weekly.  Since my files are so large I shoot to an external hard drive where all my RAW images are saved and then I back them up to my Drobo System. I have done this for years.

Before I upgraded my computer, I would make my basic edits in LR then open to edit in PS and it would save a PSD file along with the RAW in the main catalog. When the image is still open in PS I made a JPEG copy and uploaded it to my client's image catalog. Everything was fine and worked great!

After the SSD Hard Drive update, the images I retouch and save in PS are not saving as permanent edits.

Even the JPEG copies I make do not save the edits. When I have the external HD plugged into the computer that I do my original shooting tethered to, all of the files look like I have made the edits. When I bring the external HD home to back up the data on my Drobo none of the edits are showing as saved. In fact, the JPEGS that I upload to the client's system straight from my shooting computer that shows I've made all of my edits are not saving the changes to the file and are showing up un-retouched on their catalog system.

I thought I could bypass this problem by automatically exporting my file as a TIFF and making my edits in PS and not saving the file back to LR but instead as a stand-alone TIFF file. I made JPEGS copies from this retouched TIFF file to upload to my client's system but NONE of the edits are showing as saved.

I have the same OS (High Sierra), LR & PS versions on both computers. I opened the TIFF files on my main computer at home and re-edited my images and saved them as TIFFS & JPEGS and sent them back to my client and everything was fine, so my main computer is saving all of my edits with no problems.

When my client has pulled one of the JPEGS off of the system to re-retouch it since the edits are not saving, he says that he can't re-save it as a JPEG but has to save it as a PNG.

I hope that makes sense and someone can help me solve this mystery!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This literally happened to me today! And I uploaded the entire folder to my clients gallery, only to notice about 1/2 my PS edits were missing! I am mortified. Can anyone say what's going on? I need it fixed asap 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to provide a precise description of what happens to the file, step by step.

Generally:

Losing edits can theoretically happen in the raw stage, because the edits are stored as text instructions separate from the image data. In the Lightroom catalog, in the DNG file header, or as a separate sidecar file for proprietary raws. Whichever of those three applies in your case.

For an RGB file, PSD, jpeg etc, losing edits is not physically or conceptually possible. It can't happen. It's baked into the data, so it's like losing the yeast from a loaf of bread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines