• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop not shoing full images

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grrr... Adobe is really going busy crumbling on it's own foundations. I have to retype this message, because I selected "Bug" (in the options above) after I had typed my message. Anyway, not here to complain about the website.

Photoshop has gone wonky since cc2021. I've been working in and teaching Photoshop since 1994, so I'm not a neophyte. When opening a file in Photoshop the image looks like a puzzle that's been put together in the wrong way. The first time it happend after upgrading to cc2021 I thought it was a little glitch, so I uninstalled, reinstalled and did the whole thing of removing preference, restart machine, etc. None of that worked. I found that if I zoom in and out a number of times after opening an image I can find a moment where Photoshop comes to it's senses and displays the image correctly, then I can work again.

The only thing that seems to work is to deactivate "Use Graphics Processor," but then you lose some of the nice, new features available in Photoshop. Switching this off I may as well work in CS6.

Out of frustration I've started using Affinity Photo more than Photoshop, because it's very frustrating to work in a photo editing app that does not show photos clearly.

1. Photoshop 23.4.2 (I've had this issue since cc2021)
  2. Macos Monterey 12.4
  3. Open images
  4. Expect to see a beautiful photo, instead sees a jumble of pixels like a puzzle put together in the wrong way.
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

If the deactivation of the option "Use Graphics Processor" it seems you have a problem with your graphic card or the graphic driver. 

Is your system up-to-date? Do you have install all recent patches and driver updates?

See here several steps to check: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues (adobe.com)

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps described here:

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Please backup your settings before

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the deactivation of the option "Use Graphics Processor" it seems you have a problem with your graphic card or the graphic driver. 

Is your system up-to-date? Do you have install all recent patches and driver updates?

See here several steps to check: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues (adobe.com)

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps described here:

Please backup your settings before resetting the preferences. You can check:

Another try it to turning on the option »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Axel,

GPU was fine.

I did the whole preferences reset a million times over the last 2 years.

Native Canvas seemed to do the trick. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines