Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop not using all CPU, RAM nor Graphic Card during rendering - low performance

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

maybe I can find some help here.

When I google this problem I cannot find any suitable solution.

I am rendering 1 min. long videos with the newest Photoshop and each video takes 3-6 minutes to render.

CPU utilization of Adobe Photoshop is at around 10% (in total) and not more than 30% highest utilization for the highest logical processor. The affinity is set to all processors.

RAM is around 10GB used and the graphics card is below 5% usage.

How can I make that Photoshop utilizes all the ressources available? I wouldn't mind 100% CPU utilization 🙂

I already tried to downgrade Photoshop to the oldest available version now available: 21.1.9

I already tried different settings within the performance tab: the memory usage, the cache levels, cache tile size. The file is already set up in pixels and no other unit.

I am using the following system:

CPU: i9-10900X

RAM: 128GB 3000MHz

3D: GeForce RTX 2080 TI

SSD: TS2TMTE220S

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no such thing, plain and simple. It's inherent in how PS relies on its standard functions and most of them aren#t parallelized, either. That and of course the video functions are kind of plugged on after the fact, anyway, so there is additional overhead or bottlenecks. That aside, on a more general level even more optimized video apps take time for encoding and processing plus there are other factors to consider such as file I/O. In light of that 3 minutes rendering for 1 minute of video is already pretty fast, all things considered. You know, 20 years ago this could take half an hour and we spent days rendering out the simplest stuff. I really think you need to manage your expectations here to a realistic level. Beefy hardware isn't everything...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines