Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Not Using Selected Scratch Disk

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apprecaite any help you can give and thank you in advance,

I am working with a big mockup file and using an action and automation to run a batch.  I keep running out of hard drive space because the scratch disk (and my normal hard drive spae) is being sucked dry.  

So I bought a 2 TB external hard drive and set it up as the scratch disk.  See attached.  Problem is that Photoshop isn't using the new external drive, but still using my main hard drive.  Is there a reason it isn't using the external hard drive I set up?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you cant setup external drive as scartch disk only main internal drive works for this...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok first they are not working lets see what happen...thanks for update

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it is scratch space that is running out? Have you checked the specific files?There are other consumers of space (such as system paging file). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure but that's what was recommeneded to me by a photoshop expert I was working with.  I am trying to convert files using a mocku and batch automation.  I get through 30 files and its taking like 30 gigs of temp space to do it, then i get an error saying I dont have enough disk space.  Can you point me to other culprites that use that amount of space?  Thank you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines