Photoshop on Windows Home screen images disappear when I click on them

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have the lastet version of Photoshop 2022 installed. I have the Home screen turned on and it appears like I've seen it in most videos/images online. Going through the home screen tutorials, if I would like to open a recent image that shows as a thumbnail on the home screen I should just simply click on the image to open it. When I do that, however, the thumbnail just disappears. I have several thumbnails on the home screen and about 50% of them just disappear when I click on them, while the other 50% will actually open in photoshop. There is no ryme or reason to the images that decide to open and the ones that decide to disappear. These are .psd, .jpg, and .png files.

Does anybody know what's going on?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Photoshop. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Could you please share the version of Photoshop from Help > About Photoshop & the operating system you are working on?

Where are the files stored after you work on them? Are you saving the files on the internal drive or an external drive?

If the original/source document of the recent file is moved or if it is missing, the file preview goes away from Recents.

Please check if the original is stored where they were when you worked on the file last time.

Let us know if this helps, 

Thanks!

Sameer K.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sameer. Thanks for the response. Photoshop version is 23.3.2

What you said makes sense. All of my files are stored on one of two internal drives. Some of them are on my desktop, in a folder. If a recent image is moved locally, it won't load in Photoshop from the recent images on the home page, is that correct? Searching the internet, I couldn't find any information on this. Could you point me in the direction in which I might find that info?

Again, thank you for the help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

We are sorry for the delay. I can confirm that your understanding is correct.

Photoshop loses the link of the recent files if they are moved locally, and the thumbnails disappear when you try to open recent files that are missing.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines