• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop opens with black screen when graphics processor is turned on.

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop (newest Version Update) opens up with a black screen when I have the graphics processor turned on. Turning them off is fixing the problem, but I don't want to work with them turned off bc Photoshop then runs clunky when cropping images etc. 

Does anyone know what I need to do instead of tunring the graphics processor off?

I have a new HUAWEI Matebook 16 (AMD Ryzen™ 7 Processor, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, AMD Radeon™ Graphic) running on Windows 11. I was running Photoshop on my old Acer Swift 3 (Windows 10) that only had 8 GB Ram and I never run into this problem.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try running this tool to see if there's any GPU updates available for your system

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-driver-autodetect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for your reply.

I turned off all the checkboxes in the advanced settings and now I don't experience the problem anymore, but I'll definitely come back to your solution once it reappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines